Am 20.08.2013 um 11:52 schrieb Marco Patzer <li...@homerow.info>:

On 2013–08–20 Marco Patzer wrote:

On 2013–08–19 Martin Moncrieffe wrote:

Hopefully, this is the correct list for this question.  I'm trying
to typeset documents using the font Hoefler on MacOSX (10.8.4)
with ConTeXt 2013.05.28 from the TeXlive 2013 distribution.  All
works, but unfortunately, em dashes are not typeset correctly;
there are three dashes instead of a continuous line.

The font (at least my version) does not contain an em dash in slot
U+2014.

I checked a different version of the font (1.000) and it works. It
seems you're using a version not containing an em dash.

I can reproduce Martins problem but when I write – (Alt + -) and — (Alt + Shift
+ -)
both symbols appear in the output.

I checked the font (Hoefler Text.ttc on Mac OS 10.8.4) and it contains a emdash
at slot 2014 but its named “emdash.standard”. There is also a character with
the name “emdash” in the font at slot F0010.

great ... another non standard use of names ... in a few years open type will be as big a mess as type one

you can play with:

local tlig = {
 -- endash        = "hyphen hyphen",
 -- emdash        = "hyphen hyphen hyphen",
    [0x2013]      = { 0x002D, 0x002D },
    [0x2014]      = { 0x002D, 0x002D, 0x002D },
 -- quotedblleft  = "quoteleft quoteleft",
 -- quotedblright = "quoteright quoteright",
 -- quotedblleft  = "grave grave",
 -- quotedblright = "quotesingle quotesingle",
 -- quotedblbase  = "comma comma",
}

in font-otc.lua (remake the format and wipe the font cache)