> >> May be ConTeXt experts would have better suggestions, till then you
> >> may want to look at the fake bold option in simplefonts -
> >> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Simplefonts#Faking_italics_and_bold_fonts
> >
> > Thanks for your advice.
> > Unfortunately I did not manish to work with this font by simplefonts. I use the following simple setup:
> >

> > \definefont[arabic][file:bliblablup_0.ttf*arabic at 15pt]
>
> \definefontfeature[fakebold][extend=1.1]
>
> \definefont[arabic][file:<fontname>*arabic,fakebold at 15pt]
>
> > \starttext
> > \arabic\setupalign[r2l] ٱللَّهُ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ٱلْحَىُّ
ٱلْقَيُّومُ
> > \stoptext
> >
> > How can I get these "fake bolds" with this setup? Or is it absolutely necessary to use Simplefont for these fake-bolds?
>
> The feature is unrelated to simplefonts.
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang, but that does not seem to work with this font. See attachment, the font is wider, but not bold.

++++++++++++++++
\definefont[arabic][file:bliblablup_0.ttf*arabic at 15pt]
\definefont[arabics][file:bliblablup_0.ttf*arabic at 15pt]
\definefontfeature[fakebold][extend=1.2]
\definefont[arabic][file:bliblablup_0.ttf*arabic,fakebold at 15pt]

\starttext
\arabic\setupalign[r2l]
ٱللَّهُ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ٱلْحَىُّ ٱلْقَيُّومُ
\blank\arabics\setupalign[r2l]
ٱللَّهُ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ٱلْحَىُّ ٱلْقَيُّومُ
\stoptext

Huseyin