On 11/27/2013 9:53 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
On 2013-11-27 Hans Hagen wrote:
On 11/27/2013 8:44 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

during my attempts to patch the Palatino's dotless 'i' I found that
this font is parsed incorrectly by ConTeXt.

Comparing index/name info of individual glyphs in the font software
and resulting pala.tma file there is the following difference:

Index | Name - font    | Name - tma
1110  | dotlessi.smcp  | i.sc        (1)
1170  | i.smcp         | i.sc        (2)

(2) - this is a composite character which consist of dotlessi.smcp
and dot.

The first one should have IMHO a different name, e.g. dotlessi.sc (to
keep conventions). The same name for two glyphs might be dangerous.

the font pala.ttf has two entries i.sc and i see no reference to *.smcp

The version of my Palatino is 5.0 (I run on Win7)
It is located at c:/windows/fonts/pala.ttf

i checked on windows 8

There is no 'i.sc' glyph available according to the font software, only
those .smcp, listed in the smcp6 table.

As there are only .sc names in the TMA file, I suppose there is some kind of
name normalization. But not very precise...

(mtxrun --script --save pala.ttf)

mtxrun --script font --save pala.ttf

This returns an error:
c:/windows/fonts/pala.ttf:1: unexpected symbol

Jan