Hi Hans,

Thanks for the new beta.

As Idris pointed out, the logic you follow for naming greeknumerals,
romannumerals, persiannumerals, arabicnumerals, and all others in core-con.lua,
makes sense but I didn’t notice this logic before…  Which means one may learn
each and evry day :-)

As far as I know, at least in the Persian use of the abjad system of counting,
the first case corresponding to the number 1, is usually written
        الف
in order to avoid the confusion with the digit
        ۱

I don’t know if this can be fixed in the table you have in core-con.lua.

A further remark is that, don’t you think that the pagenumbering, as well as
the numbers for chapters, sections, items, equations, etc, should be switched
by default to arabicdecimals, or persiandecimals, as soon as \mainlanguage has
been set to arabic or persian?
Or maybe one could have a command like
        \setupdefaultnumberings[arabicdecimals]
which sets a default for conversion of numbers for all the counters.

Again many thanks for the features you included in ConTeXt for bidi writing.

Best regards: OK