On 02/16/2018 11:57 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
you can look into the cache and see what names.tma mentions (and save the xits bit for later comparison when it fails)

as i can't replicate it here i need that info
Hans,

I have compared the two files names.tma from my laptop (has the error) and my desktop (works); both run some form of x86_64 linux and have context minimals 2018.02.12. The only difference I could spot relating to xits was this: the working computer has these entries in the table

["otf"] = {
    ["xits"]=752,
    ["xitsbold"]=749,
    ["xitsbolditalic"]=750,
    ["xitsitalic"]=751,
    ["xitsmath"]=754,
    ["xitsmathbold"]=753,
    ["xitsmathregular"]=754,
    ["xitsregular"]=752,
   },

the not-working one only has:

    ["xits"]=749,
    ["xitsbold"]=744,
    ["xitsbolditalic"]=745,
    ["xitsitalic"]=746,
    ["xitsmath"]=747,
    ["xitsmathbold"]=748,
   },

so the entry for xitsmathregular is missing. But I have no idea if this is helpful for you. If you want, I can zip the two files and send them to you.

yes, that would help  Hans