On 17.01.20 12:55, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
I suspect "patterns" understands only one file, as far as I understood the
source, but don’t trust me on this.

When you mark your Greek passages with {\agr ἡ Ἑλληνικὴ γλῶσσα} (or
\language[agr] instead of \agr), you should get the right pattern without that
setup.

No, since the patterns for Spanish and Greek are utf8, they can co-exist, there's no need to mark the Greek passages.

The module simplefonts is obsolete since 2013.

Yes, that's right.

I get both Spanish and Greek hyphenation in a test file:

\mainlanguage[es]
\setuplanguage[es][patterns={es,agr}]
\setupbodyfont[gentium,11pt]

\starttext
\hyphenatedword{ἄνθρωπος selección}
\stoptext

If this fails for OP, he will have to produce a real example, taking out irrelevant parts and telling us which version he uses. In the original example, there was only "..." which of course doesn't hyphenate.

Thomas