Hi All,

We would like to use ntopng installed on a windows laptop connected to a mirror port on a network switch to monitor and report on network traffic to determine issues across the network.

Using ntopng connected to a switch port with mirror configured; is nProbe required? We appear to still get some flows shown in ntopng with nprobe removed but i'm not positive the flow data is complete. Also I notice the interface total bandwidth graph at the bottom of the pages is not displaying any data.

Could someone please let us know the basic setup for a >Smart Switch>?nprobe?>ntopng>Windows laptop.

Is nProbe only required when trying to source data from a netflow or sflow compatible router device?

Knowing the above intended use what would be the best install command for either service please?

Thank you

CTSG