Title: Upgrading from NT Domain to Win2K Domain
From what I have read (I haven't done it yet, but I will), that is what MS recommends, just so you can make it easy for your users.

Diane
-----Original Message-----
From: Montagna, Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 5:57 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Upgrading from NT Domain to Win2K Domain

Hello all,
I actually sent this yesterday, but I wanted to rephrase a few things. When upgrading our NT Network to a 2000 Domain, we are trying to understand if we need to distinguish our internal network domain name from our external FQDN www.widgets.com. For example in NT our current internal domain name is "widgets" and our external website is widgets.com. When we upgrade to Win2k what are the ramifications of keeping our internal 2000 domain "widgets.com" and our external FQDN, widgets.com. Should we change our internal domain to widgetscorp.com or something comparable when we upgrade to win2k, and if we don't what happens. Widgets.com is currently hosted on our internal NT domain on an IIS 4.0 server, behind a raptor firewall, using redirection on the firewall, with DNS at our ISP. Once upgraded to 2000 it will continue to be located internally on our network behind the firewall with AD integrated DNS internally and external internet DNS at our ISP. Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.