We choose to make ours slightly different internally. Using your example our
external in widgets.com and our internal root is internal.widgets.com. From
that root placeholder we then built our domestic and international domains
where the users and resources are. So our domestic internal domain is
domestic.internal.widgets.com for example.

Thanks

                    Diane Beckham

                    <diane.beckham@dptechn        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    ology.com>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                  cc:

                    08/22/2001 10:26 AM           Subject:     RE: Upgrading from NT
Domain to Win2K Domain
                    Please respond to "NT

                    System Admin Issues"

>From what I have read (I haven't done it yet, but I will), that is what MS
recommends, just so you can make it easy for your users.

Diane