I didnt do the cost comparison personally, but one of our people said it's
about half.    We currently have a total of about 120 servers, but a lot of
them are getting pretty old and we are going to budget to replace them as
part of the Win2k conversion.    I still have to do an evaluation per
server according to how many users it serves to set a size and cost for
each.

                    Sean Martin

                    <Sean.Martin@RibelinL        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    owell.Com>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                 cc:

                    08/30/2001 02:31 PM          Subject:     RE: Dell servers vs.
Compaq
                    Please respond to "NT

                    System Admin Issues"

I don't have any experience with Dell servers, but we've been running all
Compaq servers for almost 5 years now. I've never had to make a support
call
(knock on wood) on any of them. We've got 3 Compaq Proliant 1600R's, 1
Proliant 6000R, and one Proliant ML530.

Just out of curiosity, what is the price difference between Dell and Compaq
on like models?

Regards,

Sean Martin, MCSE
Network Administrator
Ribelin Lowell & Company
Insurance Brokers, Inc.
3111 C Street, Suite 300
Anchorage, Alaska 99503
Ph: (907) 561-1250
Fax: (907) 561-4315
Cell: (907) 229-0885
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>