From: thomas smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 2:12 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: email to replace fax?

I currently do my own price requests for equipment.  (Purchasing does
everything EXCEPT computer gear.)  I use WinFax Pro.  I have a database of
recipients, organized into groups, based on hardware/software/whatever for
which I require pricing.  Using WinFax Pro requires that I use my
modem.  This is currently NOT a problem.

But I HAVE been thinking...  Perhaps I could accomplish the same thing via
email.  I personally don't use Outlook...yet.  I'm still using Eudora.  But
from what I've seen, it doesn't APPEAR that either is particularly
conducive to creating groups to accomplish the same thing.

So I've been wondering...  Assuming I'm correct about neither being
particularly suited to doing what I'm wanting to do, does anyone know of
some kind of email "app" that would allow this?  (I know that WinFax Pro
can interface to email.  And I tried it...once.  It sucks...assuming I was
using it as designed...which I think I was.)  Other than my Eudora client,
Outlook or Exchange Server, I am ignorant of email package(s) for ANYTHING.

Thanks in advance, you help is appreciated. :)

-----
Thomas Smith
IT Supervisor, AKA: Systems Administrator,
Network Administrator, Database Administrator,
Security Administrator, Email Administrator,
Telecommunications Administrator, Webmaster
Henry Co Water and Sewerage Authority
770.957.6659 (v)   /   770.898.8416 (f)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]