First of all, you might want to come up with a better description for the holocaust
than catastrophe.  What happened today was sudden and horrifying and tragic and a
catastrophe.  What happened during WWII was slow, methodical and also tragic but
hardly a "catastrophe".  You would be hard pressed to find a man-made catastrophe
bigger than today.  Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horrible and a catastrophe, but they
were war.  The closest that I can think of is Chernobyl, but even that was not as
sudden and many of the consequences are still being discovered today.

Second of all, this kind of negates your earlier point about America not giving a
crap.  I'm trying to remember, who pulled Europe back from the precipice?  Who sent
there boys over to die on foreign soil in unprecedented numbers?  Who won the war?
France?  Canada?  I think not.

Even if this is not the "greatest" by your bizarre standards, you could at least
decide that it is definitely the freshest and perhaps now, is not the time to debate
it with people that have lost loved ones and friends.  While we are digging ourselves
out of the shell-shock, zinging us with "intelligent" quips about our president and
this catastrophe is definitely not helping.  We really don't care if you think it is
the worst.  Right now it hurts the most and we need to concentrate on getting it taken
care of as quickly as possible.

JayW

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/11/01 02:50PM >>>
"Biggest catastrophe in history"??? Doesn't anyone remember -really-
largescale events such as the hollocaust?