-----Original Message-----
From: XV [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 7:33 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: NewYork Terrorist Attack

First of all, my heart goes out to all affected by this most horrible event,
no one deserved what happened today, American or otherwise.

holocaust than catastrophe.  What happened today was sudden and
>horrifying and tragic and a catastrophe.  What happened during WWII was
slow, methodical and also tragic but hardly a "catastrophe".  You   >would
be hard pressed to find a man-made catastrophe bigger than today.  Hiroshima
and Nagasaki were horrible and a catastrophe, but they   >were war.  The
closest that I can think of is Chernobyl, but even that was not as sudden
and many of the consequences are still being
>discovered today.
>
>Second of all, this kind of negates your earlier point about America not
giving a crap.  I'm trying to remember, who pulled Europe back from >the
precipice?  Who sent there boys over to die on foreign soil in unprecedented
numbers?  Who won the war?  France?  Canada?  I think not.

We all won the war...
The Allies. Their decendants. Those of us here.
We all lost people in WWII.

To take credit for winning it, that seems a bit shallow. Just a thought.

It is my deepest wish that the perpertrators of the horror which befell
america today have the deadly results rained upon them a thousandfold in
return.