>> We all won the war...
>> The Allies. Their decendants. Those of us here.
>> We all lost people in WWII.

The point being here that until America entered into the fray, it was not boding well
for ALL of Europe.  Numerous countries were defeated and had already surrendered.
Yes, we all won the war, but we all weren't responsible for that win as many of the
"teams" had already left the playing field.  And it obviously wasn't going well before
America got involved.  This goes back to the point that America does care about it's
"neighbors".  "We all won the war..." seems a little flippant and not in understanding
with what was going on at the time.  I can tell you that we WEREN'T all winning the
war until America came over and gave it's kids for foreign soil.  Europeans were
fighting to protect themselves.  Americans were fighting for Europeans, our
"neighbors".  To now say that we wouldn't care if this (the terrorist attack) had
happened anywhere in the world  is just silly.

>> To take credit for winning it, that seems a bit shallow. Just
>> a thought.

Unless you really did and then to have those that you saved claim otherwise seems
equally so.  Just a thought.

>> It is my deepest wish that the perpertrators of the horror
>> which befell america today have the deadly results rained
>> upon them a thousandfold in return.

Thanks, I don't hope for the whole thousandfold thing, but I wouldn't mind seeing us
turn our back on some of the countries that we have saved in the past, that are now
celebrating our crisis.  If you kill ben Laden, another will take his place.  This
country and this world must change drastically (and with some help from our imaginary
friend) to prevent things like this.  I am all for punishing the ones that did this,
but I would like us to focus equally on preventing it in the future.

However, my family that was up there didn't die though, so I might feel differently if
that had occurred.  :(

JayW

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/11/01 08:34PM >>>

<snip>