-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Wylie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

We have had little or no problems with Alcatel support here in Scotland.

It seems like the French user site's pilot the beta testing and our local
support guys pop over to France for a few weeks on new release
familiarisation.  We get the product about one to two months after is
production release in France.  Our tech support from Alcatel in terms of the
ongoing growth of the network has been first class.

They seem to have the release rate of new release versions under control and
the (infrequent) patching requirement is a low key event  and pretty well
fully automatic.

Touch wood!  Our experience of the 4400 + remote shelve installations has
been and is a positive one.