Static entry for the server name in a WINS database somewhere perhaps ...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Terrel Schimpf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 24 September 2001 14:44
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Duplicate Name Found

I am getting Duplicate name found when I restart a NT server.  I know that
the name is not a duplicate.  The only way I can get the server back on
and working is to unplug the network connections and reboot the system.
Once I login I can reconnect the network connections and all is well.  Any
ideas of what would make the server think there was a duplicate name?

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee
and access to the e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice
contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and
conditions expressed in the governing client engagement
letter or contract.

If you have received this email in error please notify:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]