Title: RE: Duplicate Name Found

We had the same exact problem here and found the problem to be in our WINS server.  We removed the system name from the WINS server, restarted the problem server and it logged on properly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Terrel Schimpf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 8:44 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Duplicate Name Found

I am getting Duplicate name found when I restart a NT server.  I know that
the name is not a duplicate.  The only way I can get the server back on
and working is to unplug the network connections and reboot the system.
Once I login I can reconnect the network connections and all is well.  Any
ideas of what would make the server think there was a duplicate name?