My colleague uses Pegasus, and says they're pretty good - 2-way connection.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richardson, Brian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 3:34 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: satellite connection

DirecTV has a satellite internet service called DirecPC
(http://www.direcpc.com). Satellite internet has been around for years but
hasn't been very popular because of latency problems related to weather and
the fact that you usually have to use a modem but sometimes other, somewhat
faster connection for your upstream. Some sites that might be of interest to
you are:
http://www.tachyon.net/
http://www.thruputsolutions.net/Internet%20Service.htm#_Work_Information
http://www.skywebtv.com/