From: Luberti, Carl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 2:13 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: InoculateIT opinions

We use InocIT across our organization.  We have a corporate agreement with
CA to use their products, so we use it by association.  Personally, I hate
it, but it's not that bad.  It's just (IMHO) not as good as any other
product out there.  I know freeware virus scanners that do a better job than
InocIT, especially with Nimda and CodeRed.  We had many, many machines
across the enterprise that were infected with both, but InocIT missed 'em
both.  Their sig updates are very reactionary, and never proactive.  I run
Norton on my Windows PC at home, and it caught both without a sig update
using heuristics.  It couldn't clean them, but it quarantined the files
until the update came a few hours later.  I couldn't say that about InocIT
without lying.  CA even sent us one of their other products on CD with the
funlove virus minted on.  Says a lot about their scanner, huh.