Unfortunately, even CSE isn't perfect...

Yesterday a worker brought in a laptop which did have CSE on it.  Somehow
his kids got into it, and it got rooted - big time!

Administrators no longer had the right to run the ControlPanel (the
launcher of which soon vanished).  Attempts to get the CSE agent to do a
scan resulted in a re-boot.  Scrub time!
--------------------------------------
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org

"Alex Eckelberry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/11/2008
02:04:59 PM:

> > Counterspy was very disappointing for me and I found that Spybot
> would find malware that counterspy would not.
>
> Just make sure that the malware that wasn't found was a) not a
> cookie and b) not a false positive.
>
> In actual testing, Spybot ranks last.  Example:
>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3688_7-6721518-1.html
>
> (CounterSpy got Editor's Choice for 2008)
>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/search-results/sunbelt-
> counterspy-2-0/4505-5_7-31232203.html
>
> Or this review of SpyBot:
>
> http://downloads.pcworld.about.com/article/id,136196-page,1/article.html
>
> I don't mean to bash Spybot.  I personally know Michael Kolla, and
> they are really good, honest people over there.
>
> I will just say that the kind of malware we're seeing these days is
> way, way beyond the old-style antispyware product.  What worries me
> is that people are putting faith in products like SpyBot based on
> their old reputation (it once was the very best).
>
> Alex

AVG.