From: Bob Fronk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 2:16 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Kind of OT: Home PC Hacking

I have an employee who believes that someone may be maliciously "hacking"
into their home computer (not company owned).

The PC is Windows XP SP2 with all updates.  I am not sure if XP firewall on
or not, but they are behind a Linksys router.  (Not wireless)  It is also
running AV but I think is just a free version of AVG.

I told them I felt like Malware and Spyware was more of a threat than
someone actually hacking their PC.  There is no actual proof beyond a PC
that "crashed".  It sounded to me like it was full of malware or maybe a
worm virus as it "Slowed down" considerably before the crash.

What is the likelihood of a "hack"?  What would be some of the things to
look for?

Bob Fronk

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for
the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not
read, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed
in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of the
Davis H. Elliot Company . Warning: Although precautions have been taken to
make sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email
or attachments.