Look for our sponsor's home editon of CounterSpy (full free for 2
weeks)...

One no longer needs to "hack" into a computer.  By having parts of a
system umpatched, then going to a "bad site" (and this can be done in all
innocence by following a Google search), the piece of malware gets loaded.
 This piece of malware then "phones home" and says, "Hey, here's a hacked
machine and how to find it!".
--------------------------------------
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org

"Bob Fronk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/11/2008 01:15:40 PM:

> I have an employee who believes that someone may be maliciously
> “hacking” into their home computer (not company owned).
>
> The PC is Windows XP SP2 with all updates.  I am not sure if XP
> firewall on or not, but they are behind a Linksys router.  (Not
> wireless)  It is also running AV but I think is just a free version of
AVG.