We use Help Star here.  Very flexible and cost is based on number of tech
agents.

>>> "Kurt Buff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 1/11/2008 1:55 PM >>>
Request Tracker, by Best Practical.

GPL, very well respected.

On Jan 11, 2008 8:03 AM, Kevan Dickinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been asked to look into upgrading our .helpdesk Software.
>
> We need to support about 250 users in the UK and 50 or so in other
> countries.
>
> Our current system was written in-house and is based around logging calls in
> access.
>
> We would like the users to be able to initiate calls by email or log them
> over the internet.  We would like it to include asset management of both
> hardware and software if possible.  Easy updating of calls is a must.  If we
> could click on the user who initiated the call and see all there details
> including phone extensions or mobile number that would also be nice.  A
> purchasing module would also be good. Good reporting is also required.
>
> The system would also be used by our software developers so people can
> report bugs in our in house programs and request updates/changes to our
> databases.
>
> About 5 IT staff will be accessing the system,
>
> Thank you for your thoughts.
>
> Regards
>
> Kevan Dickinson
> Network Manager
> CMi plc
> 23 Hanborough Business Park, Long Hanborough, Oxfordshire. OX29 8SG.
> Direct Tel: +(44)1993 885661
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.cmi ( http://www.cmi/ )-plc.com

>     ***Disclaimer***
>
> The contents of this Email may be privileged and are confidential. If you
> are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
> action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may
> be unlawful.
>
> Should you wish to use Email as a mode of communication, CMi plc and its
> subsidiaries are unable to guarantee the security of Email content outside
> of our own computer systems.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this Email message has been checked by
> MailMarshal for the presence of computer viruses. Whilst we run anti-virus
> software, you are solely responsible for ensuring that any Email or
> attachment you receive is virus free. We disclaim any liability for any
> damage you suffer as a consequence of receiving any virus.
>
> Checkmate International plc (CMi)
> Registered in England No: 1899857
> Registered Office 4th Floor, 35 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6BW

~ <http://www.sunbelt ( http://www.sunbelt/
)-software.com/SunbeltMessagingNinja.cfm>  ~

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.