From: Eric E Eskam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:21 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: HP DL380 G5 and Win2k3 R2 Standard not showing maximum memory
in OS

"Ken Cornetet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/15/2008 11:13:22 AM:

> Sigh, I guess I'm showing my age, but I can remember when 32
> bits of address space seemed to be equivalent to "infinite" and
> I was saying how nice it was that we'd never have to worry
> about address space limitations again.

I still have the issue of MacUser when the Mac II was introduced in the late
80's and they mockingly pointed out that it could address a "giggly four
gigabytes of memory" (always stuck in my head, don't ask me why).

Most hard drives back then weren't even over a gigabyte, let alone that much
for RAM :-)

Eric Eskam
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
position of the U.S. Government
"The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange
protein; it rejects it."
-  P. B. Medawar