True-we're a large-ish enterprise (~500 employees, ~2,000 computers), and
standardization is a must. Your mileage may vary.

:)

John

From: Matt Plahtinsky [mailto:cbusitl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 3:29 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Apple newbie - iPad remote access to server shares

I understand this point of view in some environments.  Some places especially
larger ones need to be ridged and have structure to keep everything manageable.
 The environment that I work in though is Managed IT Services for small
business.   I make a living by making, and keeping those guys happy.   If the
owner of a small business wants to use his iPad in meetings I say why not?

Matt

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM, John Hornbuckle
<john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us<mailto:john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us>>
wrote:
My department's philosophy is that we're not going to jump through hoops to
make users' iPads work like a PC. If they need a device that works like a PC,
they should use a PC.

I know that doesn't help you. It's just a pet peeve of mine and I had to vent.
The iPad is really good at some things, and not so good at others. I believe in
using the right tool for the right job.

Carry on.

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department