From: "Andrew S. Baker" <asbz...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 15:25:59
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Subject: Re: Upgrading Windows in-place - your experiences?

I've always advised against in-place upgrades.

I've done more than a few, and the only ones that went really well long term
were the ones where I had built and maintained the original box myself, and
then done the upgrade.

A clean upgrade, when you can plan for it, it always better, IMO, unless
there's some software running that you cannot install new to the new box.

Having said that, 2008 to 2008 R2 is the easiest of the Windows upgrades
(far better than Vista to Win7).

* *

*ASB* *http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker* *Harnessing the Advantages of
Technology for the SMB market…