If I'm unterstanding you, a client of yours is asking for the admin password
for his system.  Yes.  If it is the sole administrator account, then yes, he
has a right to it.

Sounds like you might be disengaging from a messy client, though.  You
should generate a signed checklist and go through things with him, the last
one being changing the administrator password, (not necessarily giving it to
him).  If the password isn't changed, you have less of a defense of being
able to access that network.