Anyone on the list using "cloud" services?  I looked at Office 365 and
found it to be far more expensive than what I pay now.  But, I can see
replicating my web sites and databases to a cloud just for the space.

>>> Ken Schaefer <k...@adopenstatic.com> 11/2/2011 10:57 PM >>>

Really?

Gartner is saying that Cloud has entered the “meaningless hype” stage…
http://www.infoworld.com/d/cloud-computing/its-official-cloud-computing-now-meaningless-169416

CIOs and CEOs still pay attention to this stuff because at least there
is some effort to justify the conclusion. Most IT people I’ve run into
couldn’t write a business case to save their lives.

Cheers
Ken

From:Rod Trent [mailto:rodtr...@myitforum.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 2 November 2011 11:47 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: [OT] Stats about IT

Yeah…their track record isn’t great (particularly over the last couple
years), however, CIOs and CEOs still eat them up.  Gartner, right now,
is promoting the Cloud like there’s nothing else.  3 years ago it was
“outsourcing”.  Now, companies are bringing resources back in-house
because they realized...  “Oops” that didn’t work.

You just have to be very careful with “industry” information.  It can
be just as politically motivated as anything else.