+1 on checking %SYSTEM%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

What IP address is it trying to reach when you do this?  It will be
easy to figure out if it's an IP that belongs to Google or to a
malevolent third party.

That said, I'm of the belief that once malware gets onto your machine,
it is no longer your machine... backup documents and re-image.  (And
that's if you trust the BIOS and MBR...)

--Steve