On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 19:33, Ben Scott <mailvor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Angus Scott-Fleming
> <angu...@geoapps.com> wrote:
>>> Or install NoScript and Request Policy in Firefox, and gain some
>>> measure of control...
>>
>> +1 -- I never saw the blackout page.
>
>  I did, but only because I'm a sometime Wikipedian and thus have the
> domains whitelisted so all the fancy tools work.  That's the biggest
> problem with script blocking -- there are useful sites that usefully
> use scripts.

Only if you permanently, as opposed to temporarily, whitelist them.
It's a PITA at times, but I rarely permanently whitelist any site,
even the most useful. I can count them on the fingers of one hand, I
think...

Some might say I'm a glutton for punishment. Others might say I'm a
paranoid freak.

I reply that I've not yet been infected, and that most of those who
use the above epithets can't say that...

Kurt