From: cgarciamo...@spragueenergy.com
To: ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
Subject: RE: VMWare tools
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:23:08 +0000

I’ve yet to find an issue installing tools on any server, Ubuntu, Windows
(NT,2000,2003,2008) that being said, sometimes servers like Terminal Servers
might have an issue timing out unless you switch modes on
 them.

For the most part I always open up a direct console onto the servers log on and
then fire up the tools install so I can see what’s going on, most are done
within 5-10 minutes. Have you looked into the Event logs
 on the server? Maybe an Autorun issue? On the ones that failed have you tried
a mount CD and then do the tools manually (next,next,finish)?