Obviously every situation is different.  I look at $50 savings per machines
x 2.5k/month as a significant savings, enough so that I could buy extras.
I'm usually less concerned about IT "aggravation" than getting the end user
up and running as fast as possible.

From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2012 4:47 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Favorite corporate PCs?

I have ~80k client machines - replace 2.5k/month. We have a couple of the
big vendors as suppliers. Obviously we're not going to a local business for
our supply.

But even when I was in smaller places where people would buy machines from
one of the local vendors - you couldn't get the same technology for more
than 12 months (and often less). The motherboard, NIC, video card, sound
card - something would change. Then new drivers would have to be put into
the standard build, tested, distributed etc. And that all consumes valuable
tech time that could be spent doing something else. Not worth it to save $50
on a PC

Cheers

Ken