I have a different opinion of my local vendor.  They are not exactly local but
within 18 miles.  They do an excellent job of everything they do.  We have had
a contract with them for over 20 years and I hope they stay on contract until I
retire.  I have had them do multiple repairs to a single computer in one day.
With the Major vendors we are lucky if we can get them to our location in a
single day.  It also helps that our local vendor is kind of a Major player that
most people have never heard of.  They usually have 5+ systems on the worlds
fastest supercomputer lists.  I have been to their shop when they were testing
half of one of the clusters, very impressive to see the setup.   They had to
get special permission for me to even see the hardware, but luckily I already
had a security clearance from our state.  I have an excellent assistant that
loves doing the research and we tell them what components go in every system.
They only correct us if they find an incompatibility.  The last PC we had them
service was 9 years ago.  We have had a few PC hard drives fail in that time
but they just ship us another one.  They were all out of the computer for the
same user so that says something about that user.  As for their servers, in the
last 20 years we have never had to have one of their server serviced under
warranty.