I don´t see it here as much faster. Even disabling the Phishing Monitor ( is
that it´s name? ), it seems to take a lot of time to start displaying sites,
when IE6  just shows them in much less time.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eric E Eskam
  To: NT System Admin Issues
  Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:51 PM
  Subject: Re: IE7 coming through WSUS

  "Angus Scott-Fleming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/29/2008 01:57:27 AM:

  >     Beyond the compatibility issue, I personally dislike IE 7
  > in its present
  >     form. It is a slow and clunky interface. Every time I come across a
  >     machine that has it - I find myself downloading Firefox.
  >
  >     I will be sad to see IE 6 to go. Even with all of its
  > quirks, it was still far better than IE 7.

  I don't agree.  IE 7 is much faster, more stable and much more standards
compliant.  It's a much better browser overall.  The real crime is IE 6 was
left out there without any real update for so long.  As for compatibility, if
MS doesn't force people's hands, no one will ever update.

  Yes, the interface out of the box on IE 7 is quite different, but it takes
one menu click to enable the menu bar and then you pretty much have IE 6.
Never open a tab and you do have IE 6.  For me IE 7 is a vast improvement -
tabs alone are worth the price of admission.

  This is one where I am sympathetic with MS.  Maybe IE 7 and Firefox both will
motivate people to finally write portable web sites.

  Hey, I can dream....

  Eric Eskam
  The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
position of the U.S. Government
  "The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange
protein; it rejects it."
  -  P. B. Medawar