From: Carl Houseman [mailto:c.house...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:35 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: recommendations on home server

What's the definition of "pennies a day"?   If a server uses 200W and is left
on 24x7, that's ~ $14/month, which is less than $1/day but not what I'd call
pennies a day.    Older Intel technology wasn't known for being power friendly,
so 200W may be on the low side.

A modern quad desktop with a couple 7200 rpm drives easily uses less than 100W
when idle, so that would qualify for my definition of "pennies a day".

Carl