I use SCCM, but I've done all of this with free products, it just
depends on how automated you'd like to get with it.

shut down PCs after inactivity,
   Shutdown Screensaver (configure local or delivery via almost any
management product)

starting at a certain time of the day,
   BIOS settings to wake (Most Enterprise desktops, like Dell
Optiplex, can be managed remotely or via management products)

can put the monitor to sleep,
   Sleep settings on the monitor can be configured locally or via most
any desktop management product.)

can power on PC
   wol.exe (Executed from a machine running on the same subnet where
the machine is configured in BIOS and Network card to respond to a
wake on lan broadcast.  If the WMI layer is healthy and the drivers
are "correct" this is almost 95% accurate.  Since it's a broadcast it
should not matter what the machine's last IP address was.  Some
software attempts an IP specific address, which can usually get
through a router, but I've had much better luck with broadcast as long
as you have a machine on in the same subnet and can use something like
psexec.)

and power off.
   Shutdown.exe (Execute local or from a remote machine with admin
rights using "shutdown.exe /s /m \\remote"