Yes, but if the bad data is used to perform a buffer overflow so that
custom *code* can be executed to do nefarious acts, then that last step
will fail because the custom malicious code is not authorized to run --
even in a zero day.

No, it doesn't solve every last malware issue known to man, and there can
be some management overhead depending on the implentation, but it addresses
more issues than blacklisting does, and does so more effectively.

Of course, we've been saying the same thing for a while here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com/msg72561.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com/msg106004.html

* *

*ASB* *http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker* *Harnessing the Advantages of