I haven't done much ThinApp, to be fair. How easy is it to package stuff
up? I find App-V dead easy, but then again it was the first thing I used
for it. My other main packaging experience was with Citrix Streaming, and
that ain't great at all.

One thing I will say for App-V is that it's dead easy to deliver it through
Citrix if you've got that kind of layered infrastructure. You don't even
need the App-V streaming conduit - you just point a published app to the
App-V client and add the right switches, and you can deliver the App-V
stuff right through the Citrix plugins like an normal installed app.

App-V also integrates nicely with AppSense and particularly their
Personalization Server piece, which makes it another popular choice for the
kind of deployments I do.

I was just wondering how far the OP is wanting to take their entire
"virtualization" strategy? Certainly once you get into the deeper parts of
profile and application virtualization you can put together a solution
based around a vast amount of different combinations of technologies rather
than the more limited options available on a server or desktop
virtualization level.

Cheers,

JR