Here's some things I learned:

* The host servers will have several NICS.

They will connect to the new switches (2 for redundancy), and the 2 new
switches connect the SAN.

The host servers also connect to your LAN via their other NICs, but you
have to think of the SAN as its own mini environment.

* IOPS (in/out per second) are critically important.

Dell has a free tool (DPACK) that you can download and run over a few
days that will give you an idea of your IOPS, storage, CPU, RAM,
throughput, RW ratio, etc...  NetApp will likely charge for a similar
report.

Just knowing your IOPS will help greatly in making sure you buy an
adequate SAN.

For the SAN, generally these calculations are used:

15k drive ~175 IOPS per spindle

10k drive ~150 IOPS per spindle

* Don't forget about your backups.

They will very likely change from what you are doing now.

* Training!