Yes, over subscribing can be an issue if you don't manage your capacity
properly.

It hasn't proved to be an issue in any of the environments where I have
been.

*ASB
**http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker* <http://xeeme.com/AndrewBaker>*
**Providing Virtual CIO Services (IT Operations & Information Security) for
the SMB market…***

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Ken Cornetet <ken.corne...@kimball.com>wrote:

> Thin provisioning seems risky to me. Seems like you are always in danger
> of non-critical virtuals deciding to use more disk space thus exhausting
>  physical space which would cause critical VMs to pause if they happen to
> need more space.
>
> We tried thin provisioning  back in the old VirtualServer days, and I ran
> into this problem a few times.

*Providing Expert Technology Consulting Services for the SMB market…*