Bulk reply here.

- Printers are just an object in the directory of class printQueue. There is no
SID or anything like that attached to them.
- The printer object needs to go away, eventually because it has the UNC path
to the share on it
- If you go to View>Show Objects as Containers (or something like that) in
ADUC, and browse to your print server, you'll find all the printQueue objects
under there.

- Mapping printers for people via GPO is completely unrelated to this
publishing functionality.
- FWIW, I usually argue against the concierge approach with GPOs

- Old printQueue objects will automatically get pruned over time by AD.
- Since you're republishing the printers on a new server, and it sounds like
your customer population is leveraging this feature, I would use the above
mentioned ADUC feature to go and just shift-click all the old printQueue
objects and delete them once your old server is offline
- In the event you bring your old server back up, the objects will be recreated

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
br...@briandesmond.com

w - 312.625.1438 | c - 312.731.3132