Thanks for the info Webster, this is exactly the kind of feedback I was
after. It's funny you mention the WI vs. NetScaler argument because we've
gone back and forth as well. We currently use an older pair of NetScalers
to load balance client connections to our Web Interface servers. We started
looking migrating WI to the NetScalers prior to XenApp 6.5 planning and the
biggest complaint was the apparent removal of pass thru authentication
support. In the end our management liked the idea of using the NetScalers
to support the function and reducing our overall Windows Server count.
During our High Level Design discussions for XenApp 6.5 we touched back on
this topic and that's when discussions of deploying StoreFront started
coming up but the engineer assisting with our design recommended either
NetScaler or Web Interface. Since this project is not likely to ramp up
until May/June, our Citrix Engineer is holding out for the possibility of
deploying Cloud Gateway. I asked if Cloud Gateway was not an option which
direction he would go and he's now leaning back towards deploying Web
Interface servers.

In regards to all of your questions about PVS, we have not gone through the
low-level design considerations yet, so I don't have all of the
information. My only question is if any of these questions, outside of the
obvious storage related questions, have a significant impact on underlying
hardware design. Or, do you see any glaring problems with the hardware
being proposed?

**·         **Will DHCP be used? Yes****

**·         **Will PXE be used?

**·         **Will TFTP be used?****

**·         **Will VLANs be needed? Yes****

**·         **Will the PVS SQL database be created ahead of time? It is
possible

**·         **Will an Active Directory (AD) service account be used for
PVS? Preferably****

**·         **How will all the necessary permissions be handled when using
an AD service account? I don't have that level of detail

**·         **How many physical sites will need PVS servers? 2 physical
sites.

**·         **How much bandwidth is available between sites? 300mb

**·         **How many PVS servers will be needed? Initial design called
for 2 PVS server per site. We decided to deploy them as VMs and scale out
to additional PVS servers if necessary.

**·         **How much and what type of disk storage space will be needed? Each
host will have 1205GB FusionIO Cards. IO and capacity should not be an
issue.

**·         **How will the virtual disks (vDisks) be replicated between the
PVS servers? I do not have that detail at this time. We've discussed simple
methods such as copying via script as well as leveraging DFS.
I don't believe we had entertained multi-homing any of the servers but I
definitely appreciate the word of caution. Glad to see Nick is doing well
for himself. He was with Citrix Consulting Services when we migrated from
Metaframe 3.0 to Presentation Server 4.5. He spent a lot of time onsite
with us.

I can't thank you enough for the feedback. I'll start pouring
through information you linked and pass it along to my colleagues.

- Sean