I will make some assumptions.

1)      You have allowed the port forwarding through the firewall ( therefore
no inspection into the traffic to truly determine if it is what it proports to
be)

2)      If I can compromise the box in the DMZ, then I can use this to push
into the Internal network based on the trust you have established via port
forwarding. ( Evil hat on, setup a Netcat shell or Cryptcat shell to do the
same thing and then sell the bandwidth and access to your compromised DMZ box
to participate in global botnet fun, serve up malware, etc etc) (Ok evil hat
off)

3)      Leverage this trust on port forwarding to explore your internal
network, or to compromise your internal network and have another system to leap
frog to other systems and establish foothold, after this its game over... ( I
just use your outbound bandwith with multiple compromised boxes, to attack
other networks, etc etc)

I hope this opens the window to the dark side of thinking in hacker methodology
:)

Edward E. Ziots, CISSP, CISA, Security +, Network +
Security Engineer
Lifespan Organization
ezi...@lifespan.org
Work:401-444-9081

This electronic message and any attachments may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If you are reading this message, but are not the
intended recipient, nor an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are
strictly prohibited from copying, printing, forwarding or otherwise
disseminating this communication. If you have received this communication in
error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to the message. Then,
delete the message from your computer. Thank you.