“Depending on the configuration of the DMZ.”

This is an important point.  Once the box in the DMZ is popped what traffic
from it is allowed to the internal network needs to be considered.

From: Christopher Bodnar [mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:33 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Difference between port forwarding and DMZ

Big difference. If the Management server resides on the internal LAN, and it
gets hacked, it has direct access to the LAN. If it resides on a DMZ, and gets
hacked, it only has direct access to other machines on the same DMZ subnet, it
is isolated from the Internal LAN. Depending on the configuration of the DMZ.

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Architect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise Architecture
and Engineering Services

Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com<mailto:>

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE20A8.D9CAE370]

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com<http://www.guardianlife.com/>