From: Tom Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:46 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: fax/copy/scan/print?

Sort of on the high-end but for some of our fiscal staff who need an all-in-one
and small office we lease Xerox units.  We currently use the 4118 and have
found these to be better than the sort of variety you'd see in Office
Max/Staples.  It's about $800 retail but can really handle heavy printing.  One
of our users went through three HP all-in-ones before we decided to just get a
better business class unit.  Xerox does have cheaper units as well, but we
happen to use the 4118 multifunction here.

>>> "David Lum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2/12/2008 12:36 PM >>>
The only think I suggest is avoid using it with a print server to put it on the
network. I have had zero luck keeping all-in-ones playing nice on a LAN for
much over a year. Didn’t seem to matter if we had a Linksys, Hawking, or HP
print server either, if it was an all-in-one it would install great and die
many months later.

The same print servers have been flawless with standard HP LasterJet’s (HP4,
4000, 8000, etc), so go figure.

Dave Lum  - Systems Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - (971)-222-1025
"When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands"