From: David Mazzaccaro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:03 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: fax/copy/scan/print?

Thank for the input.
Have you heard any +/- about Lexmark?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:54 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

On Feb 12, 2008 11:42 AM, David Mazzaccaro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am looking for an all-in-one machine (fax, print, scan, copy) for
someone
> to use at their home office.

  I recently started a similar thread [1].  My recent experience with
HP tech support, for two different "All-In-One" printers, has been
nothing short of horrible.  So I'd avoid HP on that basis.
Unfortunately, I am starting to suspect, as Don Ely put it, "there are
no good printers anymore".

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com/msg111
54.html

  A side client of mine recently bought a cheap Brother IntelliFAX
print/copy/fax.  < $100.  Very compact.  USB attach.  Print/copy
quality seemed fair.  Fax worked well.  No CD in the box; had to
download drivers for printing.  Software install was still heavier
than I liked, but was still a lot better than HP's 300+ MB monster.
Didn't try tech support; web site makes me suspect it's non-existent.

-- Ben