>I don't know how you're going to simulate users in a lab, FWIW.  The load
>depends so much on work habits and app characteristics.

Heh, script! Automatically begin a looped workload, then login multiple times
and log some perfmon data. I haven't tried scripting mstsc.exe (it can be done,
but its lame) but rdesktop can be scripted easily with usernames and passwords.
It's very doable with little initial work. And the perfmon logged data would
very nicely detail the info you could use to judge capacity.

YMMV,
jlc