Steve

From: Miller Bonnie L. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Steve—when you say patched, do you mean the OSC server has been patched with
Trend’s patch 2 or 3 (3 just came out yesterday), or are you talking about
Windows patches?  There are some serious problems prior to patch1.

If it is all patched up from Trend, make sure you have automatically restart
unchecked (control panel, system, advanced, startup and recovery settings).
That way if it is BSOD’ing, you can see the screen in the morning.

One other thing I’ve seen with Trend (both 7.x and 8.x) is kernel memory issues
(again, mostly prior to the latest patches, but I haven’t tried patch3 yet).
During the time your server is “hung”, can you RDP to the console session?  If
it kicks you back to the server name screen, or gives you a strange error about
session 0, I’d put money on a kernel memory issue.  We’ve found we pretty much
can’t use the /3GB switch in the boot.ini when we see this happening, but it
also can take some registry tuning.  Another way to troubleshoot on this is to
try and RDP—if it fails, connect remotely with computer management to the
server.  Stop the Officescan realtime scanner service, and RDP will generally
start working.  Still takes a reboot to clear the problem, but that would also
indicate the kernel mem issue.  If you leave the system long enough, it will
eventually BSOD.

-Bonnie