From: Sherry Abercrombie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 11:13 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: 2003 Server DNS

Static via DHCP = NO.  Static assigned at the server.

I have my network IP's carved up into nice little segments with a
specific IP ranges for servers, workstations and printers.  Workstations
get DHCP, printers get DHCP reservations, servers get their own range of
IP addresses statically assigned to them.  None of them overlap.
Actually, in my server IP range it is even further segmented to
Production servers, Development and Test, and each of those environments
is further segmented into physical or virutal ,and then there is the
DMZ......

Say, that sounds a little bit like network segmentation........