We have had a Xerox Phaser 8500 for about 2 years now and no issues.

Great quality for our use.

CAR

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Dickson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:13 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: color printer???

I will admit repairs on a Xerox are expensive, however the maintenance
contract is not that bad.  Well maybe compared to other printers it is a
little high, however compared to the cost of the actual repair it is not
too bad.  Our users like the visual appeal of the Solid Ink Technology,
and the fact that the supplies and consumables are much more
environmentally friendly.  Based on that after having the first one
repaired for a bad printhead and knowing that we did not have a cost
estimate up front.  We could have replaced the printer for less than the
cost of the repair.  The next time we purchased the 3-year warranty.
Now if there is a problem Xerox is on the hook, yes the cost was about
half the cost of the printer if memory serves me correctly.  However
since we have already had Xerox out to replace a failed board in the
printer, due to inadequately cooling in the building, and knowing that
the repair would have cost more than the warranty.  I call it good, we
are about to have it worked on again as there are some minor problems
that I want repaired before the warranty is up.

My Opinion is if you choose to get a Xerox printer by all means PURCHASE
the warranty.  If you have problems you will want it.